Sweet Potato Cups with Baked Eggs
These little personal-size egg and potato dishes are perfect for portion control. You can make one or fourteen of them; just adjust the recipe as needed. Sweet Potato Cups with Baked Eggs make a pretty impressive presentation and can be served along with some toasted sandwich bread for dipping and some crisped needed.
They make a pretty impressive presentation and can be served along with some toasted sandwich bread for dipping and some crisped bacon for crunching. If you prefer a scrambled egg over a sunny-side-up one, whisk the eggs, oil, herbs, and salt and pepper before pouring over the sweet potatoes.
YIELD: 1 SERVING
- 4 to 5 oz grated sweet potato (about 1 small, 4-inch potato)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (such as basil, rosemary, or chives), finely minced
- 1–2 pastured eggs
- Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix grated sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Pat into bottom and up sides of a 16-ounce baking dish or ramekin.
3. Bake sweet potato for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crisp on the edges.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle in herbs. Crack eggs directly over herbs and pour remaining oil over. Season with salt and pepper and place back in oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.
Originally posted 2021-01-07 13:53:27.