For vegetarians, the dish of vegetarian curry is so familiar; however, you do not have to be a vegetarian to fully enjoy it. Try our recipes below and tell us how much you love it.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated (1 tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into 1-1/2-inch florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- One 15-1/2-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach (about 4 lightly packed cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a large heavy-duty pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, for 1 minute to blend the flavors. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne; stir for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and stir until well blended, about 1 minute.
Add the broth, coconut milk, cinnamon stick, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low or low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the cauliflower, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and carrots. Raise the heat to medium high and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, zucchini, lime juice, and zest; cook until the spinach has wilted, about 3-5 minutes more. Serve garnished with the cilantro.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 456; Total Fat: 23.2 g; Carbs: 56.5 g; Dietary Fiber: 12.8 g; Protein: 11.9 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 672 mg
Originally posted 2019-09-11 21:49:30.
Leave a Reply