Sushi is a Japanese dish of prepared rice, usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients, such as seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits. Here we will use some superfoods.
- Yields: 4 Rolls
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 4 Nori sheets
- 4 asparagus spears, tried and cut into 1/4’s , and marinated in tamari
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cucumber, julienned, and wet center removed
- 1/2 red or green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 of a large cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup ground cashew nuts, optional
- 1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Sea salt
Grind the cauliflower in a food processor or grate finely. Put in a bowl and toss with a little (1 teaspoon) melted coconut oil. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- 1 large soft avocado
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A little water to required thickness (thin enough to drop off spoon) Sea salt and cracked black pepper, optional
Mix all ingredients until smooth!
Making the sushi roll
Take a sushi rolling mat, place the Nori sheet shiny side down Spoon enough of the rice onto the sheet and smooth out to make an even layer, leave a 2cm gap at the top and bottom Place thin strips of the vegetables across the sheets, placing the fillings tightly next to each other and slightly on top of each other. Drizzle a line of the wasabi avocado sauce on top of the vegetables
Pick up the near side of the mat and roll the sheet on to itself, with your hands on the mat pull back to yourself to form a tube, move your fingers along to make a firm tube. Take the near side end of the mat and roll it away from yourself. Stick the far side edge to the roll using small amount of water, dip fingers in a bowl and lightly wet the edge. Roll the roll onto and leave for a few seconds. Take a very sharp knife and cut off the ends, about 4cm from the end. Cut into about 6 equal pieces
Serve with my Asian cucumber salad.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 224; Total Fat: 10.7 g; Carbs: 19.3 g; Dietary fiber: 6.1 g; Protein: 6.9 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 277 mg
Originally posted 2019-08-24 15:54:42.