Detoxification is the process in which the body rids itself of toxins. This process requires a lot of fluids to be present and circulating in the bloodstream so that your excretory organs can do their job well. A majority of detox diets and cleansing programs normally put a special emphasis on fluids, with some going as far as to prohibit users from consuming solid foods as the body flushes out toxins. So with all the beverages out there, which are the best detox drinks?
Below are the top 5 detox drinks that health experts recommend.
1. Fruit Infused Water
If you find plain water bland, fruit infused water may be more to your liking. Fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals and when you prepare fruit infused waters, some of these nutrients are naturally released into the water. The flavor from the fruits you use also gets infused into the water, turning it into a healthy and flavorful hydration option.
2. Hot Water & Lemon
Mixing 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 8 oz. of hot water creates a wonderful natural detox drink for your body. The vitamin C from the lemons protects your body from harmful free radicals and also assists with the removal of waste materials while the hot water boosts circulation and flushes toxins out of your system at a faster rate. The lemon juice and maple syrup also give this detox drink a surprisingly good taste.
Juice cleanses are one of the most popular types of detox program. The basic premise of going on a juice diet is to provide your body with a concentrated source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals while giving your digestive system a break from processing solid foods. This creates an internal environment which allows your body to clean, nourish, repair and rejuvenate. However, even if you’re not on a juice cleanse, you can still always enjoy the detox benefits of juice. Just buy yourself a juicer and try out the juice recipes found HERE.
Like juices, smoothies provide your body with plenty of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They are also rich in fiber which gives your digestive system a further boost and makes it more efficient at eliminating toxins. To start enjoying smoothies today, grab a blender, find some smoothie recipes and give them a go.
Find out detox smoothie recipes here.
5. Herbal Teas
Coffee or Tea?
Coffee is many people’s preferred hot drink but if you’re trying to detox, it’s something you need to avoid. Coffee contains high levels of caffeine which can be harmful to your body in high doses and lead to dehydration, digestive problems, headaches, high blood pressure and more.
But if you’re used to consuming coffee on a daily basis, what do you drink instead? Herbal teas are an excellent replacement for coffee which are hot, healthy and contain no caffeine. Not only do they help you detox from coffee but they also help to remove other toxic compounds from your body more efficiently.
There are hundreds of different herbal teas out there that you can start enjoying today. The list below highlights 5 of the most popular herbal teas currently available:
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soft, soothing aroma and is highly relaxing. It’s also a mild sedative and is a great herbal tea to drink just before bed for a restful night’s sleep.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger tea has a powerful, warming flavor and is very satisfying. It promotes healthy circulation and is also packed full of protective compounds which keep your body safe from illness and chronic disease.
- Lemon Balm Tea: Lemon balm tea has a light, lemony flavor and tastes wonderful with a slice of fresh lemon. Drinking lemon balm tea boosts your mood and also increases your concentration levels.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint tea has a fresh, distinctive flavor. It promotes healthy digestion and can also be used to alleviate a range of digestive problem.
- Rooibos Tea: Rooibos tea is loaded with antioxidants and also contains large amounts of many vitamins and minerals. These ingredients collectively protect your body against numerous chronic diseases and reverse the aging process.
Originally posted 2019-12-18 22:34:35.